Victory supreme for the Maxi Edmond de Rothschild in the Rolex Fastnet Race 2021
By crossing the finish line of the 49th edition of the Rolex Fastnet Race in Cherbourg-en-Cotentin this Monday 9 August at 20:25’58’’ UTC after 1 day 9 hours 15 minutes and 58 seconds of racing, the six sailors aboard the Maxi Edmond de Rothschild treat themselves to their second consecutive victory in this legendary event. Beyond the result though, it is also the manner in which they secured the win that will be etched on people’s memories! Franck Cammas, Charles Caudrelier, David Boileau, Erwan Israël, Morgan Lagravière and Yann Riou have ruled supreme, finishing the race with a lead of over 118 miles over their closest pursuer. This latest victory for the Gitana Team, the first of the 2021 season, in an event so dear to the five-arrow team, rewards the talent of a crew, which has utterly dominated proceedings from beginning to end and all the work carried out by the shore team, which has been constantly optimising the 32-meters giant since her launch in 2017.
The initial reactions from the sailors on their arrival dockside in Cherbourg-en-Cotentin.
The Maxi Edmond de Rothschild’s race time
- Start in Cowes – Sunday 8 August at 11:10 UTC
- Passage around Fastnet – Monday 9 August at 07:56’56’’ UTC after 20 hours 46 minutes and 56 seconds of racing
- Finish in Cherbourg-en-Cotentin – Monday 9 August at 20:25’58’’ UTC after 1 day 9 hours 15 minutes and 58 seconds of racing
The crew on the Maxi Edmond de Rothschild
- Franck Cammas and Charles Caudrelier, skippers
- David Boileau, Erwan Israël, Morgan Lagravière, Yann Riou